Thursday, November 26, 2009

Skaneateles Real Estate - The Weekly Update

Happy Thanksgiving to all! I apologize for the delay - there were pies to be made and houses to be sold. For that I am most thankful!

There are currently 112 listings in the Skaneateles area of the new New York State multiple listing system. Three re-lists came on in the past week: a town listing in the high $200,000 that is a reduction from the last time it was on the market; a fixer-upper in the mid-$300,000 range; and a multi-million dollar waterfront home. But think of the numbers! We have much less inventory!

No new houses were put under contract this week. We now have the choice of "Under Contract, but continue to show", or "Under Contract, do not show". Of course, nothing is closed until it's closed, but the process of showing a house over and over is something to consider, especially around the holidays.

We do have two new closings, however. Hooray! Both are waterfront properties. Both also sold without re-listing in under 6 months. One closed at 75% of its original price of about a million, and the other listed higher and sold higher, too. This brings to 70 the number of homes sold this year with 5 weeks to go. I plan on contributing to this figure as I am sure other agents would like to, also!

So go enjoy a very blessed Thanksgiving. I am so thankful this year for family and friends, and how much they have given me. I don't just mean the recipes - my pumpkin pie is made with eggnog and pecans thanks to Summer and Wendy - or Pat's chocolate chip cookies I've inhaled as we charge after houses in the school district - but the friendships they've brought to my life. And the kids - I get to enjoy them like a grandparent, giving them back when we've bought a house for them. Rachel, Emily and Sarah, Ella, Camren and her sisters, all bring a smile to my face. I get to watch them grow up in their houses - I think of Michael and LeeAnn, Danielle. I am privileged and very, very grateful.

Have a very Happy Thanksgiving!