Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Skaneateles Real Estate - The Weekly Update

Keeping in touch with the real estate world on a weekly basis certainly helps me in my business.  Although I go everywhere, almost, knowing what is happening in Skaneateles gives me a lift.  I can quote closings, trends, compare the market to past years, and feel confident that what I say is accurate.  Of course, there are some weeks, such as this one, when not a lot happens and it seems a might difficult to write a blog about it.  But here goes -

There are the same number of homes in the Skaneateles area listed as active as there were last week:  150 for the entire area, and 44 for the village.  The number of waterfront homes dropped by one.

Three new listings came on the market.  A very pretty home with a bit of land around it outside of Skaneateles was listed at about $400,000.  A smaller village home - but around 2,000 sf nonetheless - debuted in the mid-$300,000 range.  A gorgeous lake rights property was presented around $600,000.

There are 6 homes listed as contingent, with one new one added (lake rights also).  Two were marked under contract, do not show.  One of these was a previous "C" and the other went right to "U."  This one had just been listed, too. 

Only three are pended, and the number and homes remain the same.  Nothing new sales-wise, but this Friday is the end of the month and I can guess that there will be action to report, if not next week but the week after.  I know several attorneys whose calendars are swamped.

So go play in this absolutely lovely fall weather - the sun is out, the day feels fresh, and I am on my way to lunch at Creekside with an old friend!