Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Skaneateles Real Estate - The Weekly Update

It feels as if I just did the weekly update. The world is moving swiftly again. Since I last wrote, three of my homes with contingencies on them seem to be getting ready to close. The waiting is over. I wish the same for everyone out there this holiday season!

This week there are 121 active single family residential homes listed in the Skaneateles area of the multiple listing service. Two new ones have come on - one in Marcellus Schools but Skaneateles township, and the other a village re-list with a slightly reduced price.

There are only 2 properties listed as contingent and now 10 marked pending. No new home has been publicly announced to be sold.

There are 57 closed properties as compared to 97 last year at this time. Both are village homes in the higher range ($400,000 to $750,000). But neither, for once are waterfront.

I went back and looked at my blog of six months ago to see how far we've come. There were 149 active listings (about to balloon to 169), only 18 had closed and 3 were recently marked contingent. Compared to the year before, the number of closings was well under 50% (18/39). We have increased that percentage to almost 60%. And by the way, gas cost $4.11! I just paid $1.87 at the Hess station in Camillus Commons.

Now, if only the rumored 4.5% mortgages would become reality!