Saturday, December 26, 2009

Skaneateles Real Estate - Christmas Edition

Ho, ho, ho! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas or a Happy Hanukkah or are still anticipating your holidays!

Alex and Rachel arrived Thursday via Megabus from the City, just an hour or so after I showed my last house before the weekend. Yes, it was Christmas Eve, yes, the owners were most gracious and home, and yes, it was a very worthwhile showing.

As far as Skaneateles is concerned - no really new listings (one waterfront re-list), no contingencies and no new pending sales. Nothing (officially) closed either, so we are still at 77 for the year. That didn't take long!

I did speak with a builder who told me that in the past couple weeks his phone has been ringing off the wall - hooray! I do think the New Year will bring us prosperity.

It was a very prosperous Christmas for us. Rachel loved her Vera Bradley stocking that Intrepid Janet and I found for her. The peppermint bark that Williams Sonoma sells was also a hit. Alex's theme was "blue clothing" this year - and the blue sweater I gave to both him and Bob (different sizes of course!) they promised not to wear at the same time except for Christmas dinner. Bob made cajun shrimp - Price-Chopper has the best, he says.

Bob also did very well by me and my real estate career. I now have a TomTom system that will get me to my destination whether it's Constantia, Oswego or Auburn. (I can hear the cheers from my buyers from here!) He also took pity on me for my visits to empty, unheated houses: I have a heated by battery vest and a heated seat (which I will gladly hand over to clients when they ride with me!)

I am going now to sell a house - yes, vacant and unheated - then returning to make my famous lasagna while watching football with Alex (go Pitt!)

Enjoy! May your day be merry and bright!