Friday, May 31, 2013

New Listing and Open House Alert! 3862 Highland Ave

I love this house!  When I first got to Skaneateles I fell in love with Highland Ave, just outside the Village.  I thought there was a place I could walk the dogs (Anna and Sebastian then) and Alex would find friends.  It seemed so congenial - space between homes, large yards, small homes as well as larger ones.  Alas, there were none at the time I could afford, so I came as close to it as I could.  I still walked the dogs there, though, on the loop.

So here is your chance - 3862 Highland Ave, open Sunday from 1:00 to 3:00.  It has three real bedrooms but also the possibility of a fourth which could be part of an in-law suite on the entrance floor.  Two-car attached garage, LARGE inground pool, almost an acre (.99!) with privacy trees and a barely used road between you and the neighbors to the south.  Inside are hardwood floors, a wood-burning fireplace, kitchen with stainless steel appliances, and a sun room that was so bright when I took the photos I couldn't get a good shot of it!  The decks are great - so is the balcony off the master bedroom overlooking the pool.  Really.


So come and see - you will fall in love!  The price is $279,000 which is just under the assessment.  Taxes are more reasonable in Skaneateles as I've said before than other areas.  (Thank you waterfront properties and Welch Allyn!)  For more photos, please see the listing:  ML#S292041.  To get there, go east on Genesee Street in the Village and veer left up Onondaga. Turn left again outside the Village limits onto Highland and watch the numbers.  3862 is on the right hand side.  See you there!