Thursday, April 22, 2010

Skaneateles Real Estate - The Weekly Update

We are back from vacation, and yes, true to form, I sold a house! This year being what it is, it was only one house but it gave one of our newer agents, Sara Collins, the chance to practice writing a contract. The new buyer is in the midst of the home inspection as I write! I hope it all works out - he's a first time buyer and he will get the tax credit if all is well by April 30th!

Currently there are 112 listings in the Skaneateles Town area of the multiple listing service. Six are new this past week. Two are "to be builts" ranging from almost $400,000 to almost $600,000. Another is pretty waterfront in the low $500,000s while there's a re-list in the mid-$300,000 (with an outhouse that could be converted to a holding tank, I believe). Two more are town re-lists. In the village two are re-listed (one with a sizeable reduction) and one is new in the mid-$300,000, bringing the village-only total to 20.

The good news is that there are 10 properties listed as under contract, continue to show. Two of these are new sales (once more of the contingencies are lifted.) There are also 8 under contract that don't need to be shown any more or which 2 are new. Well done!

There is a new sale - a home in the town that had been on the market for two years. It sold for about 20% of its original price, but sold and closed it did! I showed it many, many times and I wish the new owners well! They will have a marvelous view of the lake from their decks.

This brings to 10 the number of closed sales this year in the Skaneateles area. Last year I wrote my first report of 20 homes about this time. I sincerely intend to do something about this! I will be holding open a new house, one of Kevin McCormick's "almost built" homes in Parcell Woods on Sunday from 1:00 to 3:00. It's on the market for $449,900. I count it as five bedrooms and 3 full baths, with gorgeous walkout capacity into the trees. Although it's still a bit unfinished, you can choose your granite and carpets and other non-installed items that would go with the cherry cabinets. Come visit - please! Staying and buying would be great, too! Off Route 20, County Line Road to Franklin Street Road to Parcell - then follow my signs.