Sunday, January 9, 2011

Skaneateles Real Estate - The Weekly Update (sort of)

I have decided that it is time to change the weekly update into a twice a month format. I will publish information about the real estate market close to the 15th and 30th of every month. In that way you will have a better feel for actual movement in the marketplace, I hope, and I will be forced to write more about other things.

Monitor and adjust - it's the only way!

I will continue the every twenty closings list....and I know I owe for the end of last year because we didn't quite get to 80. I want to make sure that all the 2010 closings are reported - and sometimes there is a lag of a few weeks.

Please let me know if there are other areas you would like to see me cover. I have access to marvelous statistics and I want to meet the needs of my readers.

Sad news to report: Mr. Walsh, as he was known to me and my family, and former Mayor of Syracuse and Congressman for Central New York, passed away Saturday morning. He was 98. We bought our camp the year he became Mayor. I was very young (of course) and saw a sign on the road that read "Walsh." I wondered out loud if that could possibly be the new mayor...and he was. I grew up with his kids, Alex grew up with their kids, and my grandchildren will grow up with his great-grandchildren. His family provided the extended family Alex and I needed - and yes, he was the patriarch of it all. He will be missed greatly.