Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Skaneateles Real Estate - The Bi-Monthly Update

Ah, spring! I took a lovely walk today by Hoopes Park in Auburn, just across the street from a rental property I listed. Such a great area - I almost miss being in a village or city. The sun was warm even though I was bundled up with my heated vest, a hat and gloves....It will come!

There are currently 104 single family homes listed as active on the multiple listing service in the Skaneateles area. Thirty of these are in the village. Six "new" properties came on the market in the past two weeks. Three are re-lists of homes that have been on the market before for varying lengths of time, and three are new. A very pretty home - think curb appeal - with renovations completed on the interior came on in the mid-$300,000 range. Another small home - also village - is in the mid-$100,000 and is very sweet. Not too far out of the village an almost new home with a finished basement is now available at the "hurry up and buy me NOW" price in the low $400,000s. My prediction, if the weather continues to get springier, is that there will be twice as many - I will bet 12! - homes being listed in the next 15 days.

The contingent homes didn't change, nor did the "under contract do not show" numbers. The pending homes, however, bring in two newcomers - both little houses in the village. I look forward to seeing what they close for in the future months.

The biggest change were the closed homes. There are now 7 for the year, and three of them are new. A small place in need of a great deal of work closed just above $50,000, but that was above the list price. A pretty home on the village edge settled for a little bit under their list price, in the low $300,000 range. A big home built out in a community not too far from town was finished in the low $600,000. Gorgeous!

I thought I'd take a look at lots and land this week. There are currently 56 lots listed of varying sizes. In the past two years only 18 have sold and closed, and except for five, all were either in Butters Farm or Parkside. One was listed as waterfront, but in Lakeview Circle. We have many fine builders in our area and really beautiful land - I hope this trend changes a bit, but it is rational following my discussions on gas prices and return to village living. If you are one of the people who want to strike out and get away from it all - have I got the land for you!

Happy Spring!