Thursday, February 23, 2012

Skaneateles Real Estate - The Weekly Update

So there I was, all poised to write this blog last night.  Research done, thoughts composed, SU game still in the future....but I couldn't get in to blogger!  Best laid plans and all that.

Currently there are 84 - ONLY! - active listings in the Skaneateles area of the multiple listing service.  Of these, 24 are in the Village and 20 are waterfront.  One new one came on this past week in the mid-$200,000 range.

There are 6 homes marked contingent, 7 in the "under contract" category, and 5 pending.  None of these are new.

However - continuing on with our good fortune or pent-up needs, there is another closed sale!  This brings our year-to-date number to 10.  The one that closed was under $200,000 and in the town.

I told someone that we had a dozen homes listed under $200,000 - just off the top of my head.  So I checked, and there are actually 15.  The largest number come between $200,000 and $400,000 - 30 homes.  Between $400,000 and $800,000 there are 25, and that leaves an amazing 15 listed for over $800,000.  (And adding it up I see that somewhere a house appears in two categories - which is why people try for the even numbers so they won't be excluded on the internet.  For example, if I were to list a home at $499,900....it would be missed by people starting at 500K.  Unbelievable, but true!)

So come to my open house this Sunday from 1:00 until 3:00 at one of the "under $200,000" homes.  This is 1650 Coon Hill Road, literally just minutes from the village down East Lake Road.  Hopefully the weather will allow you to soak up the sun in the three-season room (see below) and walk out into the huge back yard over to the stream.  It's really a lovely home - very, very comfortable.  When you come, tell me you read about it on my blog.