Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Skaneateles Real Estate - The Weekly Update

Not a whole lot to tell here.  I have several blogs I will write to update both real estate and my personal life in the next few days, but for now I want to get right to it so I have time to set up my open house signs at 158 Shire Way in Camillus for Sunday (1:00 to 3:00) then go and show another house in Skaneateles.

Currently, there are only 86 active listings in the Skaneateles area of the multiple listing service.  Of these, 25 are in the Village and 21 are waterfront.  Four are new listings - but three of the four are re-lists.  The new one is a farm priced around $200,000. 

There are no new contingent (still 6) or under contract (still 7) or pending (still 3) listings this week.  We did have one sale, bringing the total number this year to six, which is really quite good and bodes well.  The newly sold one is in the village, and listed and sold in the mid-$100,000.

Below you will see a link to a photo of a craftsman-style house that caught my eye because it looks very much like my listing (photo) at 208 Dorwin Ave in Syracuse, ML#S260830 ($96,000).  The point of the article was to show which styles are on the rise and which are not.  Craftsman homes are on the rise, and while Dorwin might have been built before the style became popular, it is just as cozy which is the appeal, according to the article.  You can read it yourself at:  http://realestate.yahoo.com/promo/whats-hot-and-not-in-home-styles-this-year.html.