Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Skaneateles Real Estate - The Weekly Update

I've said this before - technology is not anything I do easily, but I do try.  This past week or so I have been working with a VA (if you read it as Veterans' Administration, you are in my age pool!).  A VA is in this case a Virtual Assistant.  Full disclosure - I have never met her, but she appeared in my e-mail and I realized that the services she offers would be a very good thing for me and my business.  And for you, too, because this gives you an easy way to see my listings and stay up to date without going through other websites.  So far Sarah Cole, my VA, has created and will maintain a business page for me on Facebook.  Please take a look:  http://www.facebook.com/MegBrooksRealtor.  Hooray! 

Currently there are ONLY 88 listings in the Skaneateles area of the multiple listing service.  Of these, 26 are in the village and 25 are considered waterfront; three are both.  No new listings came on the market, and only one re-list this past week.

Two new properties were placed in the contingent column, one hovering in the mid-$200,000 range and the other in the middle $100,000.  We now have a total of six in this category.  One other one - waterfront, about 1M - went straight to under contract, do not show.  There are nine altogether in "U".  Ten properties are just waiting to close in the pending area.

But once again we have another one that closed - astounding!  This is a home that had been listed for a bit but then closed above its list price.  You never know!  We now have 14 sold and closed single family homes this year-to-date. 

I know the very good weather has deserted us for a bit, but it's still time to think about summer, especially with everything taking so long to close.  A very pretty little camp on Otisco Lake was just re-listed for the incredible price of $205,000.  With the cute home you get two lots and 102 feet of waterfront.  The road is private and single lane, there is public water, and if you are like me you will be thrilled to get the French Open and Wimbledon because there's cable on the road.  If you buy it now, you may be in by Memorial Day - hopefully (wish I could say certainly) by the Third of July when we light up the lake.

To that end, 2264 Glen Cove Road will be open this Sunday, April 1st, from 1:00 until 3:00.  Come hang out on the deck, enjoy the views, imagine living there year-round - you could!  I promise I'll have some kind of refreshments - please do come, and say you read about it here on my blog - or on my Facebook page!