Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Skaneateles Real Estate - The Weekly Update

I just got back from an afternoon of driving around.  First I went to meet the owners of 1650 Coon Hill which will be open on Sunday from 2:00 until 4:00.  We talked drainage - they have a great system they installed a few years ago - and wells.  The pump went on and off, giving the impression that there was sometimes a lag in the water pressure.  A plumber put in a new valve and all is well - consistent excellent pressure, just in time for the open house.  Then on to 169 Garrow Street Extension to put up the Open Sunday sign.  That will be open from 11:00 to 1:00 in Auburn.  My favorite part of the house is the private stone patio on the side.


Afterwards I stopped at Panera Bread.  I got a gift card for Rachel because she's so excited that Panera Bread is opening in her Manhattan neighborhood.  I also got one for Jolanta who has been recovering from rotator cuff surgery.  Nice to do... And of course since I was there I indulged in a fruit pastry and coffee.  The woman who served me explained that these pastries are made fresh at least every four hours, and she personally had made mine.  When I am done with this blog I plan to go online to http://paneralistens.com and take their survey.

Now that I've slyly thrown in the two open houses this weekend....There are currently 114 active listings in the Skaneateles area of the multiple listing service.  Of these, 29 are in the Village and 28 are waterfront.  Eleven (!) new listings came on in the past week.  Seven of these are re-listings, some with new prices but mostly just freshening.  The four new ones include three 4-bedroom homes in the surrounding area, priced in the lower $300,000 and one of them over $400,000.  The last is a waterfront home marketed above 1 million.  

Nothing new has happened in the listings under contract or pending.  The total number waiting to close is 38 - huge!  I do know that one will close tomorrow, but as we all know it's not closed until it's closed.  But oh please let it close!

However, two more homes have sold bringing the total number of closed sales to 32 for the year.  One is an adorable ranch in the Jordan-Elbridge school district that had a contract within the first week.  The other is a larger, more complicated estate that has now found its buyers.  Congratulations to them both!

So on Sunday, when it's hot, come cool off with me on the patio in Auburn - listed at $139,500 - and then make the mad dash to Skaneateles and a couple miles out of town to Coon Hill ($169,900) off East Lake Road.  The back yard is beautiful and the Adirondack chairs are waiting for you!