Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Skaneateles Real Estate - The Weekly Update (NOT!)

It's getting late and there is so much to say....

This is the first anniversary of the weekly update and I must congratulate myself on having produced an update each and every week. Maybe not always in the beginning of the week, as I had planned, but certainly by Thursday at the latest.

The last few weeks I know people have waited on Tuesdays for the update which seems to be the day I strive to complete it. "Striving" is the key word. Tuesdays are filled with brokers' opens and ad deadlines. They also are the days people respond to open houses they saw on the weekend.

This evening I wrote an offer for a house that can't be seen until Sunday. My buyers are putting in an offer sight unseen, but they've done their homework and know this is the house for them. They are friends, it was fun to see them and try to make our offer as good as possible, but my blog got delayed again until now, after 8:00.

I want to do a good job, and writing now will not produce one. I am going to change the day to Wednesday, as in tomorrow, because I'll have a better chance not to disappoint my readers.

But in the meantime, thanks to an invaluable reader, I will leave you with this link that shows the estimated change in value of homes in our market:

http://aol001.cyberhomes.com/maps.aspx?placeid=674152