Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Second Anniversary Blog

It's been two years since I started blogging - apparently the 14th of May, 2007. I had no idea I would enjoy it so much.

Since last May the world has changed. An election was run and won by Barack Obama, and I am still in awe that he is our President. I am impressed by what he wants to do, the decisions based on "right" rather than "might," and I wish him well at least once a day. A year from now I still want to be in awe of his Presidency as a turning point in our country.

It was a very tough year. Real estate in Skaneateles hit a low, but didn't crash as it did in other places. Our beautiful homes still sold, though not at the rate we all had become accustomed. I was able to chronicle it 52 times, never missing a week (an occasional day, yes) all year for the Skaneateles Real Estate Weekly Update.

I said good-bye to Hermes and Jose, hello to Rachel and Alex's wedding plans. And also hello to all those wonderful people who came into my life through real estate.

Today I am saying good-bye to a couple who believed in me from the beginning, almost. They (we) sold their home and will close tomorrow, a day ahead of my prediction back in February. I have never done that before, and I am as amazed as they that it happened. (I do recognize that it hasn't closed, and until it actually does, etc. etc.)

I concentrated some this year on a balance between work and relationships. I made time for friends, listed more, spent more hours at Creekside and other favorite places like Panera Bread. It's important.

I saw some of my early homes that my friends/clients had bought sell through me. It made me realize that there's a history here and not just faces and property. I made new friends, too, friends who stop in and wave and send their friends to me, too.

It's a grand life, in a lovely lakeside village, in warm and welcoming Upstate New York. And I plan to continue to blog about it all.