Friday, May 27, 2011

The New Listing Watch

I am about to put on a new listing, just waiting for the paperwork.  It is such a lengthy project at times, and this is one of those times.  I can't remember when we first started talking about listing this home, easily months if not a year or so ago.  It's an estate, and because of that there are four children involved who all contributed to the process.

The woman with whom I've dealt the most, one of the sisters, and I have corresponded for years since she and her family purchased a camp through me.  We rarely see each other, but when we do it's like Old Home Days.  As with so many of my clients, she has become a friend more than a client.  So this was a great opportunity for us to spend more time together on a mutual project.

Since we started, the home has been vacated by its family tenant, the papers and belongings of her father have been removed I am sure quite tearfully.  It's always the hardest part of letting a home go because we all seem to be so involved with where we live, it defines us so much.

We had a pre-listing inspection done in early April which gave the family a new "To Do" list which they did.  We met several times about presentation.  Last weekend I came over with Jolanta and she cleaned it so the hardwoods would shine and the windows would show off the lovely view of the lake and village. 

Throughout it all we watched carefully the progress of other village homes, the pricing and the reductions.  We think we have found a number that is manageable and reflects the location - prime! - and the home itself. 

So now the draft of the listing is written, the photos all taken when the sun was out and the flowers were in bloom, the signs are on the floor of the back seat of the Scion, the open house riders resting on the seat.  The lockbox is ready to go - and so am I!  Once I hit the "submit" button the listing will be there for all the agents to see and I will hurriedly put in the photos and the open house (Sunday, 12:00 to 2:00).

We are launched!