Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Skaneateles Real Estate - The Weekly Update

This will be short, but maybe not sweet yet.

The tide is turning. I'm writing this Tuesday morning and as I checked my MLXchange for broker's opens, I found none. I spoke with Lisa in the office and she said there were none that she could find, either - "I've never seen it like this!" she added.

I think it's progress. We're now going to sell off everything that's there. Quickly, I hope!

Snapshot: There are 159 active listings in the Skaneateles area. Only two new listings came on this past week, a village home and a waterfront for 1.4M. There are two new properties marked "K" for contingent for a total of 7 waiting for the next designation. Altogether there are 6 pending which means that all they need to do is close!

We have 21 closures according to the MLS so far this year. Last year there were 48 closed by this date. Sigh.

Marcellus had 32 last year and now 28; Camillus had 120 last year and now 141. Elbridge has held even. (BTW - I have an ad in the paper in Neighbors West and on Saturday in the Post-Standard: "Come to the village garage sale (in Elbridge) and buy a home! Open 11 to 1:00" for my 204 South Street ($174,500) listing. You have to have fun sometimes!)

There are 2,822 hard-working agents out there in the multiple listing service. All those agents will converge on Skaneateles for the sidewalk sale this Thursday through Saturday and to sell these homes because they recognize that "they" aren't making any more waterfront and there are so very few villages like Skaneateles in the world. If you don't want to live in the village or town, then buy a home in the area - we have a gorgeous landscape!