Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Skaneateles Real Estate - The Weekly Update

It's been an exhausting day, and I am still in the village at my desk at 7:50 pm.  One of my listings appears to have sold, another is rented, a third property went under contract with one of my most prolific clients, and I wrote a purchase offer.  All this and the dentist's office as well as physical therapy.  I retreated at 4:00 to make phone calls and have a latte lite at Dunkin' Donuts, but the two pumpkin munchkins did nothing to give me more energy.  The cole slaw and baked beans from Doug's at 7:20 helped, though.

There are currently 141 active listings in the Skaneateles area of the multiple listing service, with 41 in the Village and 32 considered waterfront.  There have been no new additions - there were no houses open this week for Tuesday's brokers' open, and now I know why. 

Of the contingent properties, three can continue to be shown and two of them are in the village.  Of the four that can't, two more are village homes.  The pending category yields eight altogether, of which three are village homes.  I mention this because there appears to be a higher proportion of homes in the village that are selling.

Congratulations to everyone - we have reached the third group of twenty with three closings this past week.  One is waterfront (and not truly Skaneateles, but on the lake and in the MLS), another is in the town, and the third is village.  Within the week I will publish the list and their selling prices, all a matter of public record.

Just to continue with the evening's theme, one-quarter (15) of the closed single family homes are village homes.  Which bears out the reason the contracted properties appear to be disproportionate.  Almost half of those waiting to close are village homes (7).  Conjectures, anyone?