Sunday, February 17, 2013

The Sometime Update - February 5th through February 17th

After hearing from a couple people that they've been reading my blog, I have felt the guilt for not writing more.  So I will, as I always say.  I need to put in a regular time - but then that time can be swept away by clients because they ALWAYS come first.  Still, I am in the office on a Sunday having written an offer, I do have a fabulous new listing, and I need to step it up a notch.

Without further preamble...There are currently only 74 active listings in the Skaneateles area of the multiple listing service.  That's right - only 74.  We closed many more than that last year, so it means that inventory is WAAAAAAY down.  Of these, 18 are in the Village and another 18 are considered waterfront.

In the under contract category, 19 are waiting to close.  Three new ones were added to the list in the past two weeks, two in the town and one waterfront.  Yes indeedy, waterfront does sell in the winter!  How else can they be ready when summer rolls around?

So far we have 7 closed properties for the year.  Two are new, a Village home that was quite a bargain (in my lowly opinion) and a multi-acre town property.  Once we get to 20 I will publish the list.

Okay - I promise myself  (and you!) 7 more posts by the end of the month!