Thursday, January 26, 2012

Skaneateles Real Estate - The Weekly Update

I am learning to navigate through the new year with all my resolutions mostly in place.  I still find that I am drawn to doing more than needs to be done and feeling rushed, at least real estate-wise.  I rearrange my own schedule - walks, blogging time, friend-time - to accommodate people because I never want to feel the guilt about someone missing out.  But then other things don't get done, things that need to be done and things I enjoy, like this blog, and I feel guilty anyway!  I know it is all part of living, and subject to "monitor and adjust."  Recognizing the issue is the first step towards solution.

Currently there are ONLY (and I do mean ONLY!) 91 active homes in the Skaneateles area of the multiple listing service.  Of these, 29 are in the Village, and 22 are waterfront.  I say ONLY because we have been as high as 150 as recently as the past six months.  And the new ones that have come on - four in the last week - are all re-lists of homes that have been on the market before.  Three of these have been reduced - one has been increased in price.  There are no new listings except these.

There are new contingent properties, bringing the total to 5.  One is waterfront and the other is Village - great!  There is nothing new in the Under contract or Pending categories, which add up to 11 homes.

We added another sold property, a gorgeous home in the Skaneateles School District and listed as Skaneateles, although really in the Town of Sennett.  That brings to four the number of closings for 2011 - already!  And I know another one that will show up closed within the week.

So go out there and see these few homes.  It's almost down to the good old days of showing five homes and saying "Pick one - it may not be here tomorrow!"