Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Skaneateles Real Estate - The Weekly Update

I feel so comfortable at this desk.  I will probably go back into the office this evening, but I want to get the update done here, with a cup of tea and a dog at my feet.  I showed a house this afternoon that froze me totally.  Gorgeous house (falling in love with the potential) but colder than the outside temperature of 20 degrees, I swear!  I needed to warm up!

Currently there are only 96 single family homes listed as active in the Skaneateles area of the multiple listing service.  Of these, 31 are in the Village and 22 are considered to be waterfront.  Three properties came back on the market this week, two in the village and (brrrrr) a lovely waterfront home.  The median list price of all these homes is $325,000.  The lowest is $89,900 (and the only one under $100,000) and the highest is $3,095,000.

There are only three homes marked contingent, but one of them is new - a fine home in the town which I showed repeatedly to no avail.  Alack and alas!  Someone is getting a very pretty home!  In the under contract, do not show - may I just refer to it as "U" please? - category there are seven homes listed.  In the pending column are five.  I can assure you the pended homes would like to become "SOLD!" As would their buyers, sellers, attorneys and agents....probably also the loan officers who get tired of hearing from the buyers, sellers...etc.

We still have only three homes sold this year - see the previous paragraph please!