Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Skaneateles Real Estate - The Weekly Update

I am enjoying these blogs.  I am enjoying the peace that makes them possible, too.  That doesn't mean work has stopped.  I am waiting for two appraisals, three closings, I put in a new listing today (ML#S264895), and I will show houses on Friday.  Just there's a peacefulness about this week. 

The update - not much here, but I will see what I can do.  The big story is that the active listings in the Skaneateles area of the multipe listing service have dropped under the 100 mark for the first time in (possibly) two years.  At least!  We have 98 active, of which 27 are in the Village and 21 are waterfront.  I know a lot expired at the new year, and I am sure several have ended because waterfront is not easy to sell in 10 degree temperatures.  Two re-lists came back on as part of the 98.  There are still 5 contingent, 7 under contract, and 5 pending properties - all the same as last week.

We did add one new closing to bring the 2011 total to 69.  This was actually waterfront, closing in the low $200,000 after being on the market for a while.  I still want to wait a bit before pronouncing the year officially closed.

So to round out this blog I thought I would introduce three properties that may catch your eye and certainly might not have.  The first two are on Craigslist, so feel free to find them there.

1 - Hong Kong Apartment Swap - people in Hong Kong would like to swap their place for a home in Skaneateles for three or four weeks this summer, mid-July to mid-August.  Ideally they want to be within walking distance of the Village.  (Thanks to Karen, our first PAFD in the Skaneateles office of RE/MAX for sharing this in mid-December.)

2 - Manhattan Windowed Office Space - 180sf for $2,000, month-to-month, near Bryant Park (Midtown West); utiliities included plus shared use of conference space.  If you are interested, please contact Alex through http://www.ramapoforchildren.org/.


3 - 158 Shire Way, Camillus - now $219,000 and open Sunday, 12:00 to 2:00.  This 3-bedroom, 2-full bath ranch in Westshire has been on the market before, but never at this price.  Come see it before it is snapped up - or swapped!